CHRISTMAS TRIVIA QUIZ 2022 – Christmas General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Pub Quiz
📺 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TRIVIA QUIZ PLAYLIST:
🔔 SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE QUIZZES:
🧠 PLAY BRAIN GAMES:
** Christmas General Knowledge Pub Quiz Trivia Questions And Answers:
1. What are Santa Claus’ other names?
Kris Kringle, Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Pelznickel
2. What object(s) are typically placed at the top of a Christmas Tree?
Angel or Star
3. Who got ran over by a reindeer (in the classic Christmas song)?
4. In the “Twelve Days of Christmas” what is given on the 5th day?
5 Golden rings
5. What were the gifts given by the 3 wise men to baby Jesus?
Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
6. In the Christmas song, “Little Drummer Boy” what line comes after “Come they told me” ?
Pa rum pum pum pum
7. What is the highest grossing Christmas movie of all time (as of Dec 2021)?
The Grinch ($511M USD)
8. What kind of sleigh is used in the Christmas carol “Jingle Bells” ?
One-horse open sleigh
9. How many ghosts visited Ebenezer Scrooge in “A Christmas Carol”?
4 ghosts: Jacob Marley, Spirits of Past, Present & Future
10. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
11. How many reindeer does Santa Claus have? Name all of them!
9 reindeer; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
12. The world noel is French for Christmas. It can be traced to Latin. What is its original meaning in Latin?
Birthday or relating to birth
13. In Sweden, Christmas presents are delivered by Tomte (Gnome). What do they leave out for him?
Coffee to help him stay on his journey
14. What is the other names for eggnog?
Milk Punch, Holiday Sludge
15. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
16. In Christmas tradition, the first person to find the pickle ornament on the tree on Christmas morning gets this.
Extra present or year of good fortune
17. According to Christmas folklore this creature scares misbehaved children. Who is he?
18. Who composed the music for the Russian Christmas ballet The Nutcracker?
19. The short form for Christmas is “Xmas”. Where does the X come from?
X is from Χριστός which is Greek for Christ
20. Who was the actor of the Christmas movie “Jingle All the Way” ?
21. What are the ingredients of egg nog?
Egg, milk, cream, spices, rum/whisky/brandy
22. Who tracks Santa’s location on Christmas Eve?
NORAD (North American Aerospace Defence Command)
23. What does the wreath symbolize in Christmas tradition?
Eternal life, Crown of Thorns
24. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
25. Which mythology did the custom of kissing under a mistletoe come from?
Norse Mythology: Frigg declares the mistletoe a symbol of love after her son’s death and promises to kiss anyone who passed underneath it.
26. In the song Twelve Days of Christmas, what is given on the 8th day?
8 Maids a milking
27. “Green, pot-bellied, feline-faced Grinch is a bitter, foul-tempered misanthrope whose heart is ____ .”
“two sizes too small”
28. What Christmas decoration was originally made from silver strands?
29. True or false? “Jingle Bells” was originally a Thanksgiving song.
30. What is the name of the main character in the movie “Elf” starring Will Ferrell?
31. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
Germany (16th century)
32. The real St. Nicholas was born in a region in which modern-day country?
33. What were Frosty the snowman’s two eyes made out of?
34. In the classic poem “Twas the Night before Christmas” what danced in the children’s heads?
Visions of sugar-plums
35. Which country has a tradition of an old woman named Befana who delivers presents to children during Christmas season?
36. How many sides are there on a snowflake?
Snowflakes are hexagonal (6 sides)
37. When does the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas?
38. Which pagan (Roman) holiday had its traditions incorporated into Christmas?
39. Guess the scrambled Christmas word!
40. Children around the world can write and mail their Christmas letters to Santa Claus. What is his postal code? (Hint: It’s based in Canada)
Thanks for playing the Christmas General Knowledge Trivia Quiz! How much did you know?
💬 COMMENT: How many did you get?
#Christmas #Trivia #TriviaQuiz
Befana, italian Epiphany folklore – Tiguliano
Leave a Reply